Portavita is a leading supplier of integrated care systems. As a platform for collaboration it supports hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, and patients all over the world. Our aim is to assist and enhance the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and management in health and lifestyle.
We have a keen interest in creating scalable solutions that can be deployed for a variety of healthcare solutions in different countries. Portavita has a strong commitment to the use of open-source software, and an open culture with a lot of freedom in the choices of solutions.
The data delivery team is responsible for providing near real-time data from internal and external health services to downstream consumers, including systems for analytics, decision support and external APIs.
What you’ll do:
- Use functional programming and modern stream-processing libraries to build stateless services in Scala
- Work in a scalable service-based architecture where business critical services run in Docker containers in Kubernetes
- Maintain our software stack of mostly Scala, along with some Java and scripting languages
- Use state-of-the-art storage systems such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Work closely with other teams that use near real-time data streams
- 5+ Years of previous work experience
- MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Solid coding skills in Scala, Java, or other strongly-typed language
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- Apache Kafka and databases like PostgreSQL
- ZIO, Cats, Akka or Kafka Streams
- Docker, Kubernetes, continuous delivery and devops
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Good command of the English language
What we offer
- 20% time for projects of your own choice
- Payment towards pension contribution
- 25 paid vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours, option to work remotely
- Travel expenses
- Linux-based laptop of your choice
- Healthy and free lunch made by our in house chef
NB: Portavita follows the COVID19 guidelines; e.g. working remotely as much as possible.
For further details, contact Marcel Bodewitz, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +31 (0)20 – 820 05 15, or the general telephone number: +31 (0)20 – 82 00 500. Please send your application letter and cv by e-mail to email@example.com. Our recruitment process starts with an informal video call with one of our developers and involves a take-home coding challenge.
Acquisition as a result of our vacancies is not appreciated.