Do you want to work in an ethical company in the field of IT? Are you interested in eHealth, and the benefits it can bring to the world? Working with an enthusiastic international team of people with the same goals?
Portavita is an international leading eHealth supplier of Integrated Care Systems (ICS), based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The working environment at Portavita is challenging: our medical applications require reliability, information security and high availability.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Prepare and monitor the Portavita Hosting and System Architecture, networks and security systems.
- Server architectures (web, database, communication, etc.) using virtualisation and containers.
- Systems automation, installation, configuration, networking, monitoring and updates for hardware and software assets.
- Development of our (k8s) platform an controllers
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- DevOps/SRE mentality.
- A University degree in Computer Science (MSc).
- Understanding of the common development techniques, tooling and process.
- Good verbal and written command of the English language.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and, if necessary, willing to work flexible hours when required.
- Must be able to pass a background check (we deal with personal medical data).
Technologies we use and things we do:
- Physical hardware;- servers and switches.
- Managing cloud, data centre and local office based systems.
- Linux and virtualisation.
- Basic firewalling and networking using Linux/IPTables, SDN/vxlan.
- Common protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DNS, SMTP, NTP, SSH, IPSec, OpenVPN.
- Virtualisation - Kubernetes, KVM, Docker, VMWare.
- Load balancing/HA - IPVS, HAProxy, Nginx.
- Monitoring - Prometheus/Grafana, Telegraf/InfluxDB/Grafana..
- Configuration management - Ansible.
- Version control - Git.
- Scripting - bash, Python, goLang, etc.
- Web servers - Apache, Nginx.
- Databases/MQ - PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka.
Terms of Employment
We offer a salary at market rates, including a payment towards pension contribution and good and free lunch. A part-time position is negotiable. Working hours are flexible and the possibilities include working partly at home. Additionally we will reimburse your travel costs and it is possible to make use of our parking spaces.
For further details, contact Martin Fleurke, via firstname.lastname@example.org tel. +31 (0)20 – 820 05 14, or the general telephone number: +31 (0)20 – 82 00 500.
Please send your application and CV by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications without motivation letter will not be processed.
No recruiters please.