Although Asthma or COPD cannot be cured, it can be managed. To support this management, the Portavita Asthma/COPD Module allows health care providers to collaborate and to share all relevant information on patients who suffer from this illness.
Within the Portavita Asthma/COPD Module, the patient is supported in his role as part of the treatment team. It includes a comprehensive self-management component, and patients have access to their personal care plan with their own treatment goals.
The module has been developed on the basis of care standards provided by the Lung Alliance. Additionally, various GPs, pulmonary care nurses and specialists have provided input for the module.
The Portavita Asthma/COPD Module is integrated with other Portavita Care Management Modules, such as Diabetes, CVRM and Elderly Care.
All those involved in Asthma/COPD care can be authorised to make a specific contribution to the treatment. The level of authorisation depends on the different roles and responsibilities allocated to the relevant healthcare providers. This allows you to delegate specific tasks to those parties who are most appropriate to carry out such tasks.
The software also supports Asthma/COPD self-management.
Advantages of the Asthma/COPD Module:
- The monitor screen shows the condition of a patient at a glance.
- As soon as an examination has been approved, it is available in real time for other authorised users.
- Patients themselves have access to their personal health information.
- Patients can add information to the system and share this information with all relevant healthcare providers.
- Patients have access to their personal care plan with their own treatment goals.
- Information from wearables and other sensors can be added to the ICS.
- Management reporting displays insights on a patient level, practice level and regional level.
- All data that has been registered can be used to support the financial process.
- The Portavita Asthma/COPD Module can be used on any Internet connected device at any time from any place.
- An Individual Care plan is part of the module.
All patients have access to the Integrated Care System through their own secure patient portal.
- fill out MRC and CCQ questionnaires;
- safely exchange information with their therapists by using e-consultation messages;
- view results of examinations;
- read what was discussed during a consultation.
A recent study by the Julius Centrum voor Gezondheidswetenschappen en Eerstelijns Geneeskunde showed that patients who use the Portavita Digital Log value the system with a score of 8 out of 10.